Monday, May 26, 2014

6 months :)

Time has sure flew by! Lily just turned 6 months. She is growing so fast. I returned back to work 2 months ago, working 4 days a week. Its been an adjustment working, taking care of Lily and doing things around the house while still finding a little me time and the occasional date night.

Its's truly amazing how much Lily changes each week. Let's face it the first 2 and a half months were beyond challenging. She had a bad case of colic. The average nightly sleep that TJ and I would get was somewhere between three and five hours. We wouldn't dare leave the house past 5 o'clock. She would begin getting cranky around then. She would cry off and on till near 1 in the morning. She would drift off for a couple of hours. Wake up and cry till about 7 in the morning. Needless to say you get my drift we were pretty much zombies during this time.  Netflix was my best friend many nights. I truly have a new appreciation for parents that have had colicky babies.

It is just crazy to think how fast they are able to develop. At 6 months she can roll all around, sit and play with her toys. She loves to laugh and smile and is a much happier baby all around. She knows her Mom and Dad and loves her dog Loui. She eats her toes and does ab crunches. Shes eating solids her favorite foods are avocados and carrots. She sleeps through the night in her own room. However she does not take a nap longer then 30 mins durring the day. She absolutely loves being outside and is enjoying her stroller more and more.  We are still working on car rides shes still not a fan of the car and hates riding in it at night.

As for me I am loving the adventure of being a mom. Its getting easier each passing day and we have so much fun on our days together playing. Its been a rough few weeks I have had Mastitis twice in a month. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Work is good its getting busy again. Id love to stay at home but I'm thankful to only have to work part time. As for my me time I chose to spend it working on my fitness goals.  That has probably be the biggest adjustment to having Lily. I was an avid gym goer and I mean really really dedicated 5 to 6 times a week for at least an hour each day. Now well not so much but I do my best to make it 3 days a week for 45 mins. Lily is old enough to goto child care and the kids just love her. She has a couple baby buddies that are the same age as her. Call me a bad mom or whatever but I think every mom deserves 45 mins to an hour to do something for themselves a couple times a week. I just chose to spend my time doing this. I am happy with my post baby Bod I just aspire to be more tone and stonger its a work progress. I am up to 230 on the leg press. Pretty proud of that.

We are so very excited to see what the next few months bring our little family :)